Monday, March 19, 2007

LEARN TO ACCEPT THINGS IN LIF AS IT COMES'

A story is told about a soldier who was finally coming home after
having fought in Vietnam. He called his parents from San
Francisco.

"Mom and Dad, I'm coming home, but I've a favor to ask. I have a
friend I'd like to bring home with me."

"Sure," they replied, "we'd love to meet him."

"There's something you should know," the son continued, "he was
hurt pretty bad in the fighting. He stepped on a land mind and
lost an arm and a leg. He has nowhere else to go, and I want him
to come live with us."

"I'm sorry to hear that, son. Maybe we can help him find
somewhere to live."

"No, Mom and Dad, I want him to live with us."

"Son," said the father, "you don't know what you're asking.
Someone with such a handicap would be a terrible burden on us. We
have our own lives to live, and we can't let something like this
interfere with our lives. I think you should just come home and
forget about this guy. He'll find a way to live on his own."

At that point, the son hung up the phone.

The parents heard nothing more from him. A few days later,
however, they received a call from the San Francisco police.
Their son had died after falling from a building, they were told.
The police believed it was suicide. The grief-stricken parents
flew to San Francisco and were taken to the city morgue to
identify the body of their son. They recognized him, but to their
horror they also discovered something they didn't know --their
son had only one arm and one leg.

Moral of the story: Tune your mind practice to accept things "AS IT IS" in your life.
Anything could happen to any body at any time as living and existence are unguaranteed.

JK

4 comments:

Cyber Sammy said...

Veyr touching story and an equally good moral behind it.
Sammy

J.KANNAN said...

Dear Sammy,
Thank you very much for your comments. Pl keep readinf my posts and continue to encourage me. Will await your Blog URL pl.

JK

lalli said...

very touching!!! well we all one way or other mislead things in our life..:(

Aditi said...

Ur concepts are down to Earth, a very nice thought, practical approach, shows ur experience